Thursday 18 September 2014

Handle criticism postively

Love criticism too - It will help you to grow

We hear Criticism in many ways,  husband criticizes  wife for the dish made, a teacher criticizes  student for their score, manager criticizing his employee for coming late, parents criticizing children for their careless attitude etc etc.

Criticism is something which nobody likes. I am no exception. The moment I hear someone criticizing me, I become upset and my mind starts finding explanations to prove myself correct. My sister, my cousins, relatives, manager many of them take their rights to criticize. Once we learn to take criticism  in the right sense , we can get benefited in many ways.

Through this we can identify weaknesses and areas of improvement.

There are certain things we can do to handle criticism effectively

1. Identity the true intention behind it. Focus on what is being criticized.

2. Criticism help us evaluate ourselves and  think. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn.

3. Evaluate the person criticizing you. They may be your genuine well wisher and trying to help you rectify your faults.

4. It helps you to be humble and  keeps you grounded, and makes you  more open to learn from others. We all learn from mistakes and even if someone point out our mistakes, be ready to rectify it and it will bring good results.

No comments:

Post a Comment